While I was perusing through the aisles of Michaels (aka my happy place), I stumbled upon this $6 find, Creatology’s Give Thanks Wood Craft Kit. Which is currently on clearance for $3! I thought it was the perfect base for an IslamiMommy remix.
Items You Need To Remix:
- Blue and White Acrylic Paint
- Small Paint Brush
- Fine Tip Permanent Marker
- Michael’s Adhesive Cardstock Glitter Stars (I used extra ones I had left over from Ramadan)
- Creatology’s Give Thanks Wood Craft Kit
What I Did To Remix:
(You can see the Michael’s version below)
- Painted the center cloud blue to cover the writing (sorry due to WordPress file compression, the blue looks purple)
- I painted the moon white to make it pop
- Once everything was dry I weaved the orange yarn to mimic Michael’s direction
- I replaced the glitter feather with glitter stars
And then voila, you have a harvest dreamcatcher with an Islamic appeal.
Hope your kids enjoy this fun little craft! Happy harvest.
Peace & Salam,